The Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine has always being a wonderful machine but has being improved dramatically with the addition of a USB port which gives you the additional function of being able to download embroidery patterns as well as being able to update your machine from your laptop or PC.
It comes with a cool 67 stitches, just look at these:
10 styles of 1-step buttonholes, Straight, Zigzag, Overcasting, BlindHem, Applique,Stretch, Patchwork, Quilting, Eyelet, Smocking, Decorative, Heirloom stitches, and Side Cutter stitches.
If that’s not enough, you can actually modify the stitches if you wish by adjusting the height or width.
Let’s not forget though, this is first and foremost an embroidery machine, and it comes with an amazing 70 built in embroidery designs that include flowers, animals, birds and plants to name a few. A really cool feature of this machine and one I really love is that it actually teaches you what to do!
This is an amazing feature. You simply choose the pattern you would like and the machine will guide you literally step by step through the process right down to the selection of thread colour. The superb LCD screen is like having an advisor on your shoulder. Not only does it take you step by step through the process it will actually tell you how much time each stage will take!
Excuse my enthusiasm but I remember when all you got when you ordered a sewing or embroidery machine was a machine and that was that. Today’s sewing machines and the Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine just amazes me.
Who's This Embroidary Machine For?
- Home Sewing enthusiasts
- Clothes designers
- Fabric home interior enthusiasts
- People who love to make their own clothes or restyle their fabrics
- If you're just beginning in embroidary then this is definetly the machine for you
- People who prefer to make unique fabrics rather than by off the shelf
Built in USB Port. Gives you the capability to download embroidery designs from your computer to your machine. This is a major asset. Imagine the hundreds of patterns you can get from the internet and simply download to your machine, it’s so easy it’s unbelievable, and what’s more there’s no software to install, you simply download and you’re ready to go. This is a really cool feature that I love.
· No need for a foot peddle. The Brother SE400 comes with a start/stop button for those who don’t like using a foot peddle. Not everyone likes a foot peddle so you have the option of not using one if you wish.
· 70 built in embroidery designs Yes you read it right 70 designs to get you going.
· 120 Frame Pattern combinations
· 5 Monogramming Fonts
· User Friendly. The step by step programs on the LCD screen are really easy to follow. If you’re a beginner looking to get creative with embroidery then this is the machine for you.
· LCD Touch Screen The LCD touch screen is really well lit and makes editing and selecting embroidery patterns easy, with just a simple touch of the screen. The onscreen guide will walk you through every project with ease.
· Built In Push Button Thread Cutter If you’re new to embroidery, believe me this is a superb feature, and I speak from embroidering on old machines where cutting thread was always a pain.
I really could go on and on with all the wonderful features of this great embroidery machine.
What You Can Do With A Brother SE400
If you can imagine it this machine will help you do it. You can make some fantastic clothes for yourself or your children. Sick of buying off the peg clothes that everyone else wears? Then make your own, it’s not as difficult as you think.
You can transform your home by adding embellishments to curtains and cushions. I’m a bit of an interior designer and there’s nothing I like better than going to markets or stores and picking up cheap sheets or cushion covers and embellishing them at home on my embroidery machine.
It’s really amazing what you can do with a little imagination and this great embroidery machine. You can literally transform your home and believe me once you get the bug you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve.
Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine is one of the best value machines on the market. It comes with everything you need to get started and the USB port means you can download any patterns you want.
I can’t pick the best feature because there’s so many of them but the LCD display and the step by step instructions, are superb functions. If you’re looking for a great embroidery machine that will perform all the usual sewing jobs then this is the machine for you.
Embroidary hoop is a little small. A large hoop can be purchased separately.